The Carn and Leslie Funeral Home History
Served families for over 110 years
1895 Jacob Carn established the business.
1927 - Marvin C. Leslie began working for Mr. Carn while he was in school.
1947 - Marvin C. Leslie started his own funeral home out of his residents.
After Jacob Carn died, Marvin C. Leslie purchased both the funeral home, and furniture store.
1977 Mark Leslie became a licensed funeral director.
1979 - Marvin Leslie retired, making Mark Leslie the new owner of the business.
Marvin was active with the funeral home until his death in 1999.
2001 The Leslie Funeral Home was relocated to it's present location in Claysburg, the former Central Pennsylvania National Bank building on Bedford Street.
Mark Leslie owned and operated the funeral home until his death in 2005.
2006 - Harry E. Miller then purchased the funeral home, which is now known as Leslie-Miller Funeral Home.
The Miller Funeral Home History
Serving families for over 25 years
1998 Harry E. Miller and John E. Smith established the funeral home at its present location.
The Former Central Bank building was closed in 1994.
The building was renovated to offer a large visitation room, office, and section room. Later a garage was added.